[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4673: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4674: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4675: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
The Nephilim ~ Neptulon ~ • View topic - Application: Spardä Dwarf Hunter MM Hunter [ACCEPTED]

Application: Spardä Dwarf Hunter MM Hunter [ACCEPTED]

Application: Spardä Dwarf Hunter MM Hunter [ACCEPTED]

Postby Spardus » 09 Aug 2017, 17:43

Character name: Spardä - Frostmane
Race and Class: Dwarf Hunter
Main spec and role: MM Hunter
Dualspec: BM

Armory Link: [url=http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/Spardä/advanced]Spardä[/url]

Info about you:
I am a car sales executive.

I know, scum of the earth just above lawyer and slightly below rat. I spend most of my free time either playing something online WoW/PUBG/BF1 or spending some time with girlfriend, try to do a good mix of both.

Why are you applying:
I used to be with you guys, about 4 years ago, really enjoyed it remember some nice people here and now I am looking for a guild again I thought i'd come and say hi and hopefully earn another spot.

How did you hear about us:
I used to be part of you guys!

Why should we take u in:
I am devilishly handsome.....

No but seriously these days I am spending most of my free time after work playing this game, I like to excel in what I am doing and I like to know I am putting in maximum effort, I am sure from a raider this is what you are looking for as a minimum but I always always make sure I know what I am doing, I know how to do it and I am not the kind of guy that just shy's away and doesnt ask questions and blindly goes charging in to a fight i know little of. This game still excites me, a lot. It has been my crutch kind of during good and bad times so I really really enjoy my time playing it in turn that means I like to do well.

Hope that answers sufficiently a little about my mentality

Working Ventrillo and Mic: yes
Average FPS in Raids: 15-30
Computer specs:
i7 6700k @ 4.0ghz
16gb ram
gtx1080
killer network card

all of which liquid cooled
Brought it from Alienware (I know, I know, overpriced, but i have little time and knowledge to build my own) about 6 months ago.

Raiding experience in WoW:
- Vanilla -
Cleared - Warrior Tank
UBRS
Onyxia
ZG
Molten Core
BWL
AQ20
AQ40 - Upto Fankriss

- The Burning Crusade -
Karazhan
Zul'Aman
Gruul's Lair
Magtheridon's Lair
Serpentshrine Cavern
The Eye
Battle for Mount Hyjal
Black Temple
Sunwell Plateau - Upto Mu'ru

- Wrath of the Lich King -
Cleared (Heroic where possible also) - DK Tank / Hunter

Naxxramas
The Eye of Eternity
Vault of Archavon
The Obsidian Sanctum
Ulduar
Trial of the Crusader
Onyxia's Lair
Icecrown Citadel
The Ruby Sanctum

- Cataclysm -
Cleared (Heroic where possible) - Hunter

Baradin Hold
Bastion of Twilight
Throne of the Four Winds
Blackwing Descent
Firelands
Dragon Soul

- Mist of Pandaria -
Cleared on Hunter
MSV (Heroic)
HoF (Heroic)
ToES 3/4 (Heroic)
ToT 12/13 (Heroic)
SoO 14/14 (Mythic)

- Warlords of Draenor -
Took a break while I moved house and jobs etc, came back towards the end of the expansion

HFC 12/13 Mythic (Hunter)

Guild history:
My previous guild history is here -> viewtopic.php?t=3574

That is my old application, I did speak to Buttrik recently so he mentioned to fill in since being with you guys. So after you guys I took a short break from WoW, this was due to the fact that I was changing job and moving house. When I returned it was just before HFC launching, I had played off and on a little bit and before hand but only lfr and normal stuff, so when I came back my guild had pretty much disbanded and the guys I had made friends with had gone.

I joined a guild called Quid Pro Quo Bro (now called Less Than Ideal on Magtheridon)
Made some awesome friends there that I still talk to a lot. We raided Mythic and cleared everything up to Trial of Valor, were we the best? No. But we had lots of fun and it was a good atmosphere. When Nighthold hit we cleared the first few bosses on Mythic and then we suddenly hit a wall, due to people leaving, and leaders stepping down. I was in charge of recruitment and also i would write a detailed raid report after every raid, areas of improvement and going through logs etc. I did this for about a month. Problem was people didnt pay attention and werent into it as much as before, so the guild slowly started falling apart. Half the guild wanted to go heroic, the rest of us wanted to go Mythic. So we all parted but still remain friends.

At the time I had a good friend who joined a different guild called Absolution on Frostmane, he brought me over, within 2 weeks this guild was showing signs of breaking up, the guild master would literally shout and scream at people for very very minor mistakes, apparently this is what he did for ages and it was beyond a joke. We killed nothing for a couple of weeks, his constant yelling demoralised a lot of players, I logged in one day to find 90% of the guild had left and had formed React Redux my current guild.

So essentially we had just renamed and under new management, we pooled together friends from across servers and games we play together and it was great, we cleared everything in Nighthold just before Tomb hit, lucky me I was on holiday for the Elisande and Gul'Dan kill.

Progressing through ToS nicely now, 5/9 with Mistress being a bit of a cock block.

The reason for me wanting to re-join is 2 fold. We had a guild meeting the other day because people have literally just stopped showing up and a few other smaller issues. Numbers were high when we first started but now people have left or not bothered anymore, which we knew would happen but easy to handle. We just have to recruit a little bit and I am down for that, when we had this meeting it was revealed we need a change in leadership a little as it was all falling to one guy and we needed a few more officers to distribute power. Someone mentioned my name, which is always nice, but then a few members 4-5 said they would hate that because I was not dedicated to the guild.....

I had 2-3 weeks off raiding as my dad was diagnosed with cancer relatively suddenly and I spent some time with him, notifying the guild, officers and gm said it was okay. I explained this in guild chat, and honestly it was like talking to children.
Personally it hurt, I was there since the start and have given undivided attention to it but because of a small break to irl it has now been questioned. A couple of friends already left as they said that was a really poor attitude to have and also current arguments about loot favourtism etc. Overall it's complicated and not what I signed up for.

I remember you guys being a good bunch of people and stable and good to raid with albeit it was brief. Would be great to get back in.

Happy to discuss a little more on vent if needed as its a bit of a text wall to type out, but assuredly I am in it properly and not just a stop gap or anything else. You guys were nice to me, iirc.

Special Roles in raids:
These days hunters don't fill in any special roles, I used to kite a lot way way back, but now it is more down to Aspect of Turtle soaking e.g. Goroth/Desolate Host etc

Key bindings and rotation:
Standard 1-9 and Shift keybinds for CD's Aspect/Cancel Aura Interupt etc.

Very little is clicked, apart from hearthstone and mounting etc, but rotational wise keybinds are all mapped.
Rotation is pretty simple. Taken from Azor's discord and guides, current haste level allows me to arcane till 115 Focus and then 3 Aimed Shot. Pretty much rinse and repeat keeping vulnerable up as much as possible and weaving in Trueshot with Medallion when possible and/or during dps checks.

Screenshot of UI or Video ingame:
Logs:

Extra:
I don't think so, I am a dedicated player, I have struggled towards the start of this tier with attendance simply because of issues with my dad and his health, which is why my items and experience in mythic is not as extensive as I would like.
Although his health isn't perfect It is now manageable and I go to see him on days off now instead of everyday which we are both happy with. It is not something to deteriorate quickly and something that does not now affect my personal in game time. So nothing to worry about there with attendance, I just need to get back into the swing of it and keep going at it and improve more and more.

Opinion on gnomes:
Fire.....
Only option.

Opinion on Danes:
As i said 4 years ago, bacon and pastry.....
Also women, you danes have some great women. Apparantly.... i wouldnt know anything about it . at all .

ever.
Last edited by Buttrik on 09 Aug 2017, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
Spardus

Re: Application: Spardä Dwarf Hunter MM Hunter [ACCEPTED]

Postby Buttrik » 09 Aug 2017, 19:04

Hey Sam! Sorry for being kinda short, but we're just about to start the raid. Anyhow, you are most welcome to come back as soon as you can :) Will be fun to have another hunter with us again for a change.
Buttrik
Officer of The Nephilim

Re: Application: Spardä Dwarf Hunter MM Hunter [ACCEPTED]

Postby Spardus » 09 Aug 2017, 19:05

Fantastic!

I will transfer ASAP
Spardus

Return to Applications